Legislative Committee Meeting
March 12, 2012
8:17 – 8:31 pm
Present: Commissioners Bird, Powers, Ullman, Jeffery, Sokolowski, and Jaszka
Executive Director Biondo, Director of Finance & Administration Rini, Director of Parks, Facilities & Production Rosenberg, Director of Recreation Haring, Director of Marketing and Communications Vogl
- As it stands now with current legislation and the district’s EAV, the district can’t go past $29 million in bonds, or 75% of the voter approved projects/improvements
- Commissioner Powers gave an overview of the committee hearing held on February 29, 2012
- Bill passed Senate Committee
- Onto to Senate for third reading and vote
- Vote should occur March 30, 2012.
- Then onto the House for Committee review
- Commissioner Sokolowski contacted Dirk Enger who will help to garner Democratic Support (eg. Shelia Simon, Lt. Governor)
- Commissioner Powers, Executive Director Biondo and WDSRA Executive Director Gbur will contact Skip Saviano
Meeting adjourned at 8:31pm.