Carol Stream Park District
Board of Commissioners
March 12, 2012
|Call to Order||The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m.|
|Roll Call/Pledge||Present: Commissioners Bird, Powers, Ullman, Sokolowski, Jeffery, and Jaszka|
Absent: Commissioner Gramann Listening PostNo one present Changes to the AgendaCommissioner Powers made a motion to remove agenda item 7C, Marketing Quarterly Report. Seconded by Commissioner Bird. Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0. Action Items Approval of MinutesCommissioner Powers made a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting, February 13, 2012. Seconded by Commissioner Bird. Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0.
Commissioner Jaszka made a motion to approve the minutes of the Finance Committee meeting, February 13, 2012. Seconded by Commissioner Jeffery. Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0. February 2012 BillsCommissioner Bird made a motion to ratify the February 2012 Bill as presented. Seconded by Commissioner Jaszka.
Commissioner Powers asked for a current payment schedule for Williams Architects. Staff to forward.
Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0. Application for Affiliate Status – Youth Travel BasketballCommissioner Jeffery made a motion to grant affiliate status to the Carol Stream Youth Travel Basketball Association. Seconded by Commissioner Jaskza.
- Will this have a negative effect on the in-house program/revenue? Maybe, a player could switch
- Similar set up to soccer/football travel program
- Outstanding idea. Great for kids and coaches
- Are their bylaws? Yes. Criteria has been met as outlined in our Youth Recreational Organization Policy
- Boys or girls or both? By 2013, the goal is to have three boys and one girls team.
Capital Improvement Program Update and Action Recreation CenterExecutive Director Biondo updated the board:
- Date to tour Aurora facility for precast walls will be presented to Board
- Geothermal field is 50% complete
- Only 10-15% of the building’s footings will need to be modified
McCaslin ParkExecutive Director Biondo updated the board:
- Concession stand 65% complete
- Water pressure will be tested before booster pump is purchased
- Drainage slopes – staff will re-inspect and modify if necessary
- Scoreboards at all four fields
- McCaslin will host games for both adults and youth
Great Western Trail LinkAwaiting final document from ComEd for easement. ComEd was agreeable to changes. No contact yet from ComEd attorney to Attorney Wyeth. Approval of Paving Contract at McCaslin ParkCommissioner Powers made a motion to approve the bid from Abbey Paving in the amount of $87,880.00 for asphalt paving at McCaslin Park. Seconded by Commissioner Bird.
Commissioner Powers commented on the savings gained by re-bidding.
Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0.
Discussion Items Legislative UpdateLegislative Committee to meet following the regular meeting to discuss SB3184. Risk Management Update
Risk Management Coordinator Cooper gave an overview of the safety program:
- Park District Risk Management Agency (PDRMA) provides insurance
- Grants that the park district has been awarded for safety initiatives
- Background checks on everyone who works and volunteers for the district
- Annual award rebate following PDRMA audit of $1,500
- PDRMA offers trainings, safety updates to CSPD
- Internal AED/CPR instructors: Cooper; Zatto; Messerich
Recreation Quarterly ReportDirector of Recreation Haring highlighted 2011:
- Revenues are up 5.3%
- Program offerings have increased 19.48%
- With new recreation center, certain programs will grow as space will be available, ie Archery
AdjournmentCommissioner Jeffery made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Seconded by Commissioner Powers. Voice vote taken. Motion passes 6-0-0. Meeting adjourned at 8:15pm
Arnold J. Biondo
April 9, 2012