About the Preschool Program
Since 1977, the Carol Stream Park District Preschool program has been a community tradition for over 35 years! Through education, recreation and fun, our preschool program offers a balanced play-based learning approach perfect for first-time students!
Structured and unstructured activities provide stimulating hands-on learning experiences to promote your child’s physical, emotional and intellectual growth. Our creative daily lesson plans focus on the development of your child’s necessary pre-kindergarten skills such as letter and name recognition, printing, cooperative play, socialization skills, listening and more.
Our well-experienced, passionate and enthusiastic teachers are committed to working together to provide your child with the most enjoyable learning experience possible!
Our program follows the D93 calendar from September-May.
2014-2015 Preschool Registration
Don’t miss out! Classes for the 2014-2015 school year are filling up! Registration can be completed at Fountain View Recreation Center or Simkus Recreation Center.
Check out the Preschool page in the Youth Program Guide for class offerings and more information.
- Registration may be paid in full or sign-up for EZ Pay electronic withdrawl. Drop off payments are not permitted.
- EZ Pay: current month and last month payment is due in full at the time of registration.
Preschool registration fee includes discounts for school holidays, breaks and non-attendance days (our program follows the District 93 school calendar). Field Trips are an additional fee. Field Trip information and fees will be provided throughout the school year.
The Carol Stream Park District Preschool classes are held at Elk Trail Recreation Center, our private preschool center which neighbors the open fields, recreational trails and ponds of Mitchell Lakes Park. Each large classroom is customized specifically for our preschool program and exits out to a fenced-in play yard with a variety of early childhood playground equipment, picnic tables and a large grassy area. The friendly neighborhood setting of our preschool center creates a safe and welcoming learning environment for all students!
Elk Trail Recreation Center is located at 160 West Elk Trail, Carol Stream, IL 60188.
Check out some pictures of Elk Trail Recreation Center
2014-2015 Preschool Registration
- 2014-2015 Preschool Registration Packet
- 2014-2015 Parent Hand Book
- 2014-2015 School Year Calendar
- Meet the Teacher Night Dates
- School Supply List
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up Procedures
- Medication Dispense Authorization Form
Mark Your Calendars:
Bartlett Nature Center Field Trip- October 9 & 10 (3-Year Old, 4-Year Old and Kindergarten Readiness classes only)
Mystery Reader Days- Sign up to be a Mystery Reader in your child’s class! Mystery Readers are welcomed for the last 20 minutes of class to read a story. Bring an appropriate story of your own, or borrow one of ours! Parent/Guardian is permitted to sign-up for one date only.
- Mystery Reader sign-up was available at Meet the Teacher Night
- Didn’t get a chance to sign-up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see which dates are still available for your child’s class!
Stay up to date with all upcoming preschool events by checking this page periodically
Designed for children that miss the age requirement for our regular preschool program. This program is designed to help build the bridge to our preschool program and provides an opportunity for 2 ½ -3 year olds to enhance their social, physical and creative development. Children will learn through play and emphasis will be placed on becoming comfortable in a classroom environment. Children must be 2 ½ years old. Meets twice a week (Tues. & Thurs.), 1 1/2 hour class length.
- Mrs. Andrew, Mrs. Patel & Ms. Nazlian: Tues/Thurs: 11:00am-12:30pm
- Mrs. Andrew & Mrs. Patel: Wed/Fri: 11:00am-12:30pm
3-Year Old Program
Designed for your child’s first learning experience and to prepare them to naturally transition to the 4-year old program. Our program will stress social skills, colors, shapes, fine motor skills, name recognition, following directions, sharing and cooperative play. Children will explore their community through local field trips. Children must be 3 years old by September 1. Two days per week (Tues. & Thurs.), or three days per week (M,W,F), 2 hour class length.
- Mrs. Colantuono & Mrs. Roman: Tues/Thurs 9:00am-11:00am
- Mrs. Lill & Mrs. Contreras: Tues/Thurs 9:15am-11:15am
- Mrs. Earnest & Mrs. Ferreri: Tues/Thurs 9:30am-11:30am
- Ms. Nazlian & Mrs. Andrew: Mon/Wed/Fri 8:30am-10:30am
- Mrs. Aloia & Mrs. Palmisano: Mon/Wed/Fri 12:45pm-2:45pm
4-Year Old Program
Designed to help your child develop readiness skills for kindergarten. Our program will stress the development of independence and academic skills through learning centers, structured activities, math concepts, lower case letters and letter sound recognition. Children will explore their community through local field trips. Children must be 4 years old by September 1. Three day per week (Mon., Wed. & Fri.) 2 hour class length.
- Mrs. Colantuono & Mrs. Roman: Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00am-11:00am
- Mrs. Lill & Mrs. Contreras: Mon/Wed/Fri 9:15am-11:15am
- Mrs. Earnest & Mrs. Ferreri: Mon/Wed/Fri 9:30am-11:30am
- Mrs. Earnest & Mrs. Ferreri: Mon/Wed/Fri 1:15pm-3:15pm
Designed to help your child develop readiness skills for kindergarten. This five day class will work on the development of independence and academic skills through learning centers, structured activities, math concepts, lower case letters and letter sound recognition. Children will explore their community through local field trips. Children must be 4 years old by June 1. Meets five days per week (Monday-Friday), 2 hour class length.
- Mrs. Aloia & Mrs. Palmisano: Mon-Fri 8:45am-10:45am
- Ms. Nazlian’s Class (3′s 8:30-10:30am)
- Mrs. Aloia’s Class (Kindergarten Readiness 8:45am-10:45am)
- Mrs. Colantuono’s Class (3′s & 4′s 9:00am-11:00am)
- Mrs. Lill’s Class (3′s & 4′s 9:15am-11:15am)
- Mrs. Andrew’s Class (Preschool Prep 11:00-12:30pm)
- Mrs. Aloia’s Class (3′s 12:45-2:45pm)
- Mrs. Earnest’s Class (3′s & 4′s 9:30-11:30am & 4′s 1:15-3:15pm)
Absence Reporting Line:
(630) 784-6199 ext. 246