CHICAGOLAND’S LARGEST FREE DOG FESTIVAL
September 18, 2016 10:00am-4:00pm
Carol Stream Town Center Gary Ave & Lies Rd Get Directions
CSBarks is the Carol Stream Park District’s annual dog festival, and one of the largest dog festivals in the Chicago suburbs. This is the event your dog has been looking forward to all year!
Join thousands of dogs from the area who bring their owners for a day of four-legged fun.
Entry is free! Hosted by the Carol Stream Park District.
Main Arena Schedule:
|10:15 am||Freeze Dance with your dog by Street Sounds Entertainment|
|10:30 am||K-9 Nose Works Demo by Smartie Paws Pet Training|
|11:00 am||Frisbee Dog Performance by Skydogz|
|11:30am||Agility Demo by The German Shepherd Dog Training Club of Chicago|
|12:00 pm||Police Dog K-9 Demo by the Illinois State Police|
|12:30pm||Obedience Demo by Fox Valley Dog Training Club|
|1:00 pm||Frisbee Dog Performance by Skydogz|
|1:30pm||Parade of Breeds by Carol Stream Park District|
|2:00 pm||Contests by Carol Stream Park District|
|2:30 pm||Agility Demo by The German Shepherd Dog Training Club of Chicago|
|3:00 pm||Wiener Dog Races by West Burb Wieners $5 fee per dog|
Parade of Breeds at 1:30pm:
We will line up all the dogs by Breed and parade around the Main Arena. Click here for a list of dogs we’ve had parade with us in the past. Don’t see your dog breed, contact us and will make sure your dog is included. This parade is a crowd favorite!
Contests at 2:00pm:
- Dog Peanut Butter Lick: there will be a small dogs then large dogs contest. Limited to first 25 dogs
- Find the Treat in a Ball Pit: there will be a small dogs then large dogs contest. Limited to first 25 dogs
- Best Dressed Dog: winner picked by audience applause
- Dog and Owner Look Alike: winner picked by audience applause
All Day Activities:
|Canine Good Citizenship – CGC & CGC-A Testing by Wildwood Dog Training Club. Click here for more information. There is a $10 cash fee for the testing.|
|Lure coursing by Lucky Dogs Adventures uses an artificial lure attached to a drag line, going at speeds of up to 40 miles an hour across an open field following a pattern that is meant to simulate live prey. Lucky Dogs takes this concept and we have modified it to utilize a closed-loop continuous system. With variable speed control and reversible direction we can accommodate all levels of athleticism. Click here to watch a video. There is a $10 fee and a waiver is required.|
|Kids Tent: Crafts provided by Carol Stream Park District|
Discover dozens of new products and services for your four legged friends in our Fido Mall. Pick up a vendor listing at the Information Tent when you arrive.
Be a CSBarks Exhibitor. Click here for the Exhibitor Application.
- 100.3 WSHE
- 95.9 The River
- 3 Goldens and a Mutt
- All American Pet Life
- Almost Home Foundation
- The Barking Lot
- Bath Planet
- BodyWorks Chiropractic
- Camp Ruff It Doggie Daycare and Boarding
- Carol Stream Animal Hospital
- Carol Stream Public Library
- CCSD93 Birth to 5 Coalition
- Chiro One Wellness
- Christine Winger – State Representative
- Cooper’s Way
- Costco Wholesale
- Daily Herald
- Countryside Animal Clinic
- CST Antlers LLC.
- Doggy Detail
- Fetching Tails Foundation
- Fresh Wave – OMI Industries
- Fox Valley Dog Training Club
- German Shepherd Dog Training Club of Chicago
- Glendale Animal Hospital
- High Hopes
- Integrative Pet Care/Premier
- Invisible Fence of Chicagoland
- JAM’S 43
- JC Rejuvenation & Wellness
- Just a Taste Confections
- K9 Swim and Trim Inc.
- Lake Street Animal Hospital
- Mapleberry Pancake House
- NorthCoast Wellness Center
- Origami Owl Jewelry
- Pampered Pooch Couture
- Pawfect Project/Mapleberry Pancake House
- Paw Print Gardens
- Physicians Immediate Care
- Players for Pits
- Power Home Remodeling
- Purr Photography
- Renewal by Andersen
- Res Q Organics
- Rotary Club of Carol Stream
- Sandeez Embroidery
- Safe Harbor Rescue
- Spay Illinois
- West Burb Wieners
- Wildwood Dog Training Club
Food Trucks attending the event:
- Chicago Pizza Boss
- Mario’s Cart
- Toasty Cheese
- Bottled water and snacks provided by the Carol Stream Park District
Thank You for the Generous Financial Support of our Sponsors!
Be a CSBarks Sponsor. Click here for the Sponsor Application.
Where can I park?
On-site parking at the Carol Stream Town Center is available. Parking at Fountain View Recreation Center is reserved for fitness center users.
Park + Ride:
Off-site parking with Open Air Trolley shuttles is at the Communications Supply Corporation (CSC) building (200 E. Lies Road, across Gary Avenue). Free trolley shuttles run every 10 minutes until 30 minutes after closing.
Additional parking is available at Hampe Park (301 W. Lies Road).
Note: There is no shuttle service provided from this location.
Can I volunteer to help?
Yes, we welcome all volunteers and volunteer groups. Volunteer jobs include helping with set up and take down, assisting CSBarks vendors at their booths and helping to run activities such as the kids crafts or dog party games. If you are interested in volunteering contact Mary Frusolone at email@example.com
Do I have to bring a dog to take part?
Bringing a dog is not compulsory. CSBarks also includes activities for children, working dog demonstrations and dog displays that everyone can enjoy, with or without a dog. Please note, this is not an adoption event, so you will not be able to adopt a dog at the event.
Is water for my dogs available?
Water stations with disposable bowls are placed throughout the festival site and we make every effort to ensure they are refilled during the festival. A water fountain is also available at the Clock Tower building (which also has bathrooms) on the northeast of the festival site.
What are the festival rules?
- Please only bring dogs of good temperament that are not afraid of crowds or children.
- All dogs should be on a 6 ft. (max) non-retractable leash.
- All dogs must have update vaccinations and rabies tag.
- Max two dogs per handler.
- Handler must be 18 yrs or older.
- Please leave kitty and other pets at home.
- Female dogs in any stage of heat will not be allowed to attend
What our visitors say:
Woooohooo… Our yearly must see tradition for our baby – SV
This was the first year my boy, Brutus and I attended and we loved it!! What a great fest! We had a ball. We marched in the all breed parade and had a great day! We will be back next year. What fun!!!! – DJC