The game is to be played in two periods of 24-minutes running clock.
The clock runs continuously except during the last two minutes of each period; during granted time-outs; official’s time-out; or injuries. The clock runs during penalty administration.
Last two minutes of each period the clock shall:
- Stop on an incomplete pass – Clock shall restart on the ready for play
- Stop on runner stepping out of bounds – Clock shall restart on the ready for play
- Time out granted to either team – Clock shall restart on the snap
- Stop on change of possession – Clock shall restart on the snap
- Stop on all scores – Clock shall restart on a snap from the subsequent spot by the scored upon team
Play clock – Offensive team shall have 25-seconds from the ready for play to snap the ball.
- The game shall be declared over if a team leads by 17 or more points with 2-minutes remaining in the second period
- Overtime consists of one offensive series for each team. Begin with a coin toss. The team winning coin toss has the option of offense-first; defense first or end of the field. The Series begins with the ball placed on the 20-yard line going in with four downs to score unless series is extended by acceptance of any penalties. The ball becomes dead immediately if the defense obtains possession and the offensive series ends. After the first team has offensive possession, the second team receives the ball and four downs to win or tie. Tied after one overtime second overtime is played. The team losing coin toss shall have the choice of offense, defense, or end of the field in the second overtime. Game tied after two overtimes the game ends as a tie game
- Two one minute timeout permitted in each half. Timeouts do not carry over to extra periods.