Payment of Security Deposit is due at time of reservation request. The remaining balance is due seven (7) days after the rental has been approved unless payment arrangements have been made with Rental Supervisor.
Security Deposit is dependent on the number of rooms booked and is assessed at $100 for one room and $50 for each additional room. If Rental Terms and Conditions have not been violated, the Security Deposit is returned within ten (10) business days after the date of rental. If the Security Deposit was paid by check or cash, the deposit is returned by check and mailed to the Renter. If the deposit was paid by credit card, the deposit is returned to the same credit card.
The Carol Stream Park District reserves the right to keep all or a portion of the security deposit if:
- Renter cancels rental more than three (3) business days after the rental has been approved.
- Renter exceeds the maximum expected attendance.
- Renter conducts activities other than what is confirmed by Rental Contract.
- The renter does not properly dispose of garbage produced by the rental event.
- Renter creates noise levels or plays music so loudly as to disturb the fitness center, front desk staff, or any other activities taking place.
- Renter damages
- Carol Stream Park District property such as, but not limited to, tables, chairs, floors, and walls.
- Rental requires excessive cleaning by the Carol Stream Park District
- Renter violates any other terms and conditions of the Rental Contract or District Ordinance.