Slepicka Park, named after the family that farmed there since the 1940’s, was opened by the Carol Stream Park District in October 2008. It features rare Black Walnut trees and a historic marker — 1940’s concrete silo — which displays farm artifacts.
The park, which qualified for state grants of nearly $700,000, includes exercise stations, a picnic shelter (available to rent) with permanent game tables, bocce and baggo courts and the beginnings of a small arboretum.
The park’s path system connects to Jirsa Park.
Slepicka Homestead Park has sixteen ground level plots and six raised garden beds available to rent starting February 1 for residents/returning gardeners and March 1 for all.