Slepicka Park, named after the family that farmed that there since the 1940’s, was opened by the Carol Stream Park District in October 2008.
The park, which qualified for state grants of nearly $700,000, includes exercise stations, a picnic shelter with permanent game tables, bocce and baggo courts and the beginnings of a small arboretum.
It also features rare Black Walnut trees and a historic marker—a 1940’s concrete silo—which now displays farm artifacts.
The park also includes community garden plots that are available for rental. Several of the plots are raised and handicap accessible.
The park’s path system connects to Jirsa Park.