Glenbard North High School, 990 Kuhn Road, Carol Stream, IL
Community partnerships are the key to success! The Carol Stream Park District and Glenbard High School District 87 have intergovernmental agreements for the use of each other’s facilities and services. These agreements enable us to pool our resources to reduce costs and provide opportunities to our residents. Some of the things we share are:
- Artificial turf football field at Glenbard North High School (GBN) – We are financial partners in the construction and maintenance of Weber Field, which the park district can use when the high school is not. The turf and lights enable evening and weekend use all year round. We program youth and adult football leagues, youth soccer leagues and camps, as well as Lacrosse, on Weber field.
- Basketball courts at GBN, fieldhouse at GBN and Fountain View and Simkus Recreation Centers – We share courts for youth sports camps that include basketball, badminton, volleyball, cheerleading , and other high school programming and student functions. Occasionally we host our Coach and Team meet and greets at the fieldhouse for various youth sports leagues.
- Indoor pool at Fountain View – District 87 is a financial partner in the construction of the indoor pool, enabling us to have eight lanes instead of six for programming. The high school swim teams use the indoor pool from August through March. The pool accommodates 15 days of physical education classes each school year semester.
- Summer sports camps – In cooperation with GBN Athletics, we help program almost 20 summer youth sports camps.
- Parking lots – We use each other’s parking lots for overflow parking during various events.
- Theater at GBN – We have hosted dance recitals and theater presentations in the high school auditorium.
- Meeting rooms at Recreation Centers –GBN personnel are able to use our multipurpose rooms for various meetings and student functions.