Players or captains in violations of the following shall be ejected from the game in which they are participating:
- Use of illegal bat
- Throwing bat or other equipment
- Smoking on the field
- Team members, other than the captain, discussing disagreements or arguing with the umpire(s)
- Intoxicated – Any player under the influence of alcohol, or mind-altering substances, is ejected with a suspension for the next game. The captain is also ejected for the remainder of the game.
- Players must avoid contact. If a player fails to avoid contact and there is substantial physical contact in the judgment of the umpire, the runner shall be declared out and immediately ejected.
- Use of excessive foul language or any individual being under the influence of alcohol or any mind-altering substance while on park property results in the ejection from the game, as well as from the team’s following game.
Any player who is ejected from a game must leave the facility immediately, and the ejected player suspended from playing the next scheduled game or possibly more depending on the situation. The captain must supply the ejected player’s name to the umpire. Failure to provide the ejected player’s name or a false name is given for the ejected player causes the captain to be suspended for a minimum of two games. Any player ejected from a game is automatically suspended for a minimum of one game at the League Coordinator’s discretion.
All fines must be paid for by the next scheduled game or when the player returns from suspension. If an ejected player doesn’t pay a fine then the team is charged.
- First offense – at least 1 game suspension
- Second offense – $25 and at least 1 game suspension
- Third offense – $25 fine and at least 2 game suspension
Fake tags are not tolerated. (A fake tag is a delayed dead ball. After the play has finished the faked runner and all other runners may be awarded the bases they would have received had the obstruction not occurred. It is a warning to the defensive player and could be an ejection if it caused the guy to slide or get hurt.)
Any ejection results in at least a 1 game suspension. Any player caught participating during a league suspension results in at least a 2 game suspension additional to what was provided.
- Physical conduct or fighting – result in an automatic 6 game suspension from any leagues that the player currently plays in. Player(s) are issued a $25 fine to be reinstated back into the league.
- Any player under the influence of alcohol, or mind-altering substances, is ejected with a suspension for the next game. The Carol Stream Park District and the Village of Carol Stream ordinances prohibit any alcoholic beverages on Carol Stream Park District property. Players and captains are subject to game suspensions or team forfeitures. Teams are held responsible for fans.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in forfeiture of games or suspensions from the league. Teams are responsible for the conduct of their spectators. Spectators’ behavior can result in a suspension.
Each offense is one game forfeited.
- First Offense – loss of game
- Second offense – $50 fine and loss of game
- Third offense – $50 fine, loss of game, and eliminated from postseason play
- Fourth offense – $50 fine, loss of game, eliminated from postseason play, and eliminated from rest of season (no refunds).
- Fair play and sportsmanship are the responsibility of every player and captain.
- Players must respect the umpire, Carol Stream Park District officials, and other players.
- The Player’s behavior is the responsibility of the player and captain of that team.