Carol Stream Park District program participants are expected to adhere to the following Code of Conduct. [Participants may be adults, teens, and youth and may include parents, guardians, or spectators of such participants of Carol Stream Park District programs. Other participants may include staff, instructors, trainers, coaches, officials, opponents, and their fans.] The Carol Stream Park District reserves the right to take appropriate disciplinary action involving anyone violating the Code of Conduct.
Adhere to the Code of Conduct as follows:
A. Lead by example:
- Offer encouragement and positive support, and practice good sportsmanship towards all participants of Carol Stream Park District programs.
- Understand the importance of setting an excellent example for all participants.
B. Act responsibly:
- Be on time to Carol Stream Park District programs and respectful of the time of other participants.
- Maintain an environment that builds a culture where winning is not defined by the outcome of the competition, but by the individual needs of the participants.
- Foster a positive experience by understanding the reasons participants use Carol Stream Park District programs, which are to have fun and/or be educated and socialize with other participants.
- Maintain a healthy and safe environment for all Carol Stream Park District participants by refraining from the use of tobacco, tobacco products, and alcohol at all programs or events.
- McCaslin Park Only: McCaslin Park concession stand allows the purchase and consumption of specific alcoholic beverages (such as beer, seasonal beer, hard seltzer) for 21+ years of age. Consumers of McCaslin Park concession stand purchased alcoholic beverages must act responsibly and display/maintain appropriate behavior. No outside alcohol allowed in the park.
C. Display appropriate behavior:
- Treat all participants, Carol Stream Park District staff, instructors, trainers, coaches, officials, opponents, and their fans with respect and dignity.
- Refrain from harassment or intimidation through the use of words, foul language, gestures, body language, or menacing behavior.
- Refrain from making negative comments, using profanity or other inappropriate languages.
- Only use social media in a positive manner in regards to Carol Stream Park District programs and participants. Negative comments on social media towards any or all participants are not tolerated.
D. Maintain appropriate behavior:
- Demand a healthy and safe environment for all Carol Stream Park District participants by refraining from the use of illegal chemicals or drugs at all programs or events.
- Refrain from threatening or causing bodily harm to yourself and others. Refrain from initiating or participating in any form of verbal or physical assault.
Conduct Codes A and B
- Violations result in verbal consultation by Carol Stream Park District Staff. Additional violations result in further disciplinary actions.
Conduct Code C
- Violations result in consultation between a Carol Stream Park District Staff and person(s). Suspension from Carol Stream Park District program and event may accompany. Additional violations result in the termination of that participant’s privilege to attend Carol Stream Park District programs and events.
Conduct Code D
- Violations result in the termination of that participant’s privilege to attend Carol Stream Park District programs and events.
As a participant in this program, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Code of Conduct, and I will exercise appropriate behavior at all times. Carol Stream Park District reserves the right to dismiss a participant if it is in the best interest of the Carol Stream Park District and other participants. Each situation is evaluated on its own merit. Severe behavior results in the police being contacted.