Violation of these Rental Terms & Conditions result in forfeiture of all or part of the security deposit.
- This form is only a “request for availability” and is reviewed by Park District Staff before the rental is confirmed. Full security deposit payment is due at the time of submission of the Rental Request form. Once approved, a rental contract is generated and emailed. Full payment is due within seven days of approval. It is only upon the contract and full receipt of payment that the rental request is guaranteed.
- Acceptance of rental request form and security deposit is tentative and only guaranteed once rental is reviewed, confirmed, and approved by the rental supervisor. Rental is only guaranteed upon approval of the contract and receipt of complete payment. Rental approval is emailed to the renter at the email address provided on the rental request within five (5) business days.
- All rental times start and end according to the time indicated on the rental contract. Any set-up time and clean-up time by renter must be included within the start and end times on the rental contract.
Payment of the security deposit is due at the time of reservation request. The remaining balance is due seven (7) days after the rental has been approved unless payment arrangements have been made with a rental supervisor. Security deposit depends on the number of rooms booked and is assessed at $100 for one room and $50 for each additional room. If rental terms and conditions have not been violated, the security deposit is returned within ten (10) business days after the rental date. If the security deposit was paid by check or cash, the deposit is returned by check and mailed to the renter. If the deposit was paid by credit card, the deposit is returned to the same credit card.
Carol Stream Park District reserves the right to keep all or a portion of the security deposit if
- The renter exceeds the maximum expected attendance.
- The renter conducts activities other than what is confirmed by the rental contract.
- The renter does not properly dispose of garbage produced by the rental event.
- Renter creates noise levels or plays music so loudly as to disturb the fitness center, front desk staff or any other activities taking place.
- Renter damages property such as, but not limited to, tables, chairs, floors and walls.
- Rental requires excessive cleaning by Carol Stream Park District.
- Renter violates any other terms and conditions of the rental contract or district ordinance.